A prison guard and counter-protesters are being condemned for a mock reenactment of the murder of African American George Floyd in NJ, NBC Philadelphia, reported.
A disturbing video is going viral showing counter-protesters joking around about the death of George Floyd, as Black Lives Matter protesters passed them.
An unknown man was seen kneeling on another man laying down along Delsea Drive as the group marched in Franklin Township on Monday. Another man with the group filmed the mock reenactment. One of the men has been identified as James J. Demarco according to a video posted on Instagram. Demarco a FedEx employee, has since been suspended, a company spokesman told The Courier Post.
NBC Philadelphia confirmed that at least one of the men involved was identified as a corrections officer of a local prison.
The NJ Department of Corrections told NBC in a statement that one of the men seen in the video was a corrections officer at Bayside State Prison.
“We have been made aware that one of our officers from Bayside State Prison participated in the filming of a hateful and disappointing video that mocked the killing of George Floyd,” an NJ Department of Corrections statement said.
NBC further reports that the prison guard has been suspended and an investigation has been started by NJ Department of Corrections into the shocking incident.
A joint statement from Mayor John Bruno and Police Chief Brian Zimmer said they were both “appalled and saddened by the revolting actions of certain individuals.”
“Without an understanding and mutual respect for all individuals, we can never aspire to create a united community based upon the idea of human respect and dignity for all,” the statement said.
Gov. Phil Murphy condemned the stunt Tuesday night on Twitter, saying the state won’t “let the actions of a few distract from our progress toward dismantling systemic racism.”
“Mocking George Floyd’s murder in an effort to belittle the calls for justice from our Black and Brown communities is repugnant,” Murphy tweeted.
In the video, protesters march along a street in Franklin Township, Gloucester County, chanting “George Floyd!” and “Black Lives Matter!” escorted by local police. They then pass a private property filled with firewood for sale. Video filmed by someone marching shows a man kneeling on the neck of another man who then starts shouting undecipherable words back at the protesters.
Two more men are standing nearby the other two reenacting the murder of Floyd while one of them is filming on a cellphone. The group is standing on the roadside in front of a pickup truck brandished with an American flag. There is also an “All Lives Matter” sign that is displayed.
A second truck shows the “thin blue line” flag, which is meant to show support for police.
George Floyd was murdered when former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin kneeled on his neck and other officers assisted holding Floyd down or just watched. Floyd was killed of asphyxiation on May 25th after arrested for allegedly trying to use a fake $20 bill to buy cigarettes. While in police custody, former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin pressed his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes — while Floyd repeatedly said he couldn’t breathe.
The other officers — Thomas Lane, J. Kueng, and Tou Thao — involved in the death of George Floyd have been charged with aiding and abetting amongst other charges.
Protests have erupted across the country for almost two weeks as protesters have voiced their concern for African American lives and the overall issue of police brutality.
This follows a defacing of a George Floyd mural in Boston previously reported by Anewspost. You can watch the frightening video below of the men mocking the murder of George Floyd, which only shows racism is alive and well in 2020.
View this post on Instagram
Right here in South Jersey! Don’t be naive! Some Posted @withregram • @stfuml This is what James J Demarco did while my brother @russy06 was peacefully protesting in Franklinville NJ. James works for @fedex so now I want to know does this employees behavior align with your company policy? #BLM #blacklivesmatter #blackouttuesday #icantbreathe #georgefloyd #justiceforgeorgefloyd #naacp #civilrights #breonnataylor #saytheirnames #racism #racist #repost
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- Harmful Levels Of Arsenic Found In Bottled Water Products
- State Of Rhode Island Will Change Its Name Over Racism Concerns
- 3 Men Indicted On Murder Charges In The Death Of Ahmaud Arbery
- Hundreds Of People Ambush Police In Tampa Bay
- Crowd Attacks Senator In Wisconsin Topples Anti-Slavery War Hero Statue
- President Trump Says Statue Vandals Will Get Up To Ten Years In Prison
- 7.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Mexico – Tsunami Warnings Issued
- Teen Facing Life In Prison For Killing Her Sex Trafficker Is Released On Bail
- Dangerous Sahara Dust Cloud Is Headed For The US Coast
- China’s Dog Meat Festival Begins Despite Bans On Live Meat Markets
- Ghislaine Maxwell Reportedly Found Near Epstein’s £7 Million Paris Apartment
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest