Yet another police involved shooting in the United States is adding to the country’s mounting frustration with law enforcement. This most recent incident happened in Los Angeles County, when police shot and killed a security guard who was working at an auto shop.
The victim, Andres Guardado was just 18-years-old. Police say that he pointed a gun at them and ran away, but his family doesn’t believe that he was carrying a gun.
Jennifer Guardado, the victim’s sister, said that he was a good man, and that their family is devastated.
“He was gonna make it in life. He was gonna make it and become a good, professional man in life, but they took that away from my family and me. My parents are completely destroyed. We’re all dead already inside,” Jennifer said.
The incident occurred in the 400 block of Redondo Beach Boulevard, near South Figueroa Street, at about 5:53 p.m., according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.
Andrew Heney, the owner of the Freeway auto body shop, told CBS that he probably ran because police pulled their guns on his as soon as they parked.
“We had a security guard that was out front, because we had just had certain issues with people tagging and stuff like that,” Heney said. “And then the police came up, and they pulled their guns on him and he ran because he was scared, and they shot and killed him. He’s got a clean background and everything. There’s no reason,” Heney said.
Police are now claiming that they did find a gun on the suspect but his family doesn’t believe that he owns a gun. Furthermore, the police officers claim that the gun found on him was highly illegal, which had the serial number scratched off with an illegal high capacity magazine.
The officers involved in the incident have not been named, but it appears that more than one cop opened fire on him.
To make matters even more suspicious, the LASD investigators removed security camera videos along with some of the cameras from businesses in the area.
Celina Avarca, Guardado’s cousin, says that he was working two jobs and was trying to become a registered nurse.
“I lost a part of me, it’s empty, and I’m never gonna have him back. I’m never gonna see him, he’s never gonna talk to me, I’m just, I can’t, I just can’t believe this happened to my brother. It really hurts me,” she said.
This is the second fatal shooting involving LASD deputies in two days, and both cases are provoked a great deal of suspicion. On Wednesday, police with the LASD fatally shot Terron Jammal Boone, and in that case, any video evidence in the case has disappeared as well. Boone is reportedly the half-brother of Robert Fuller, a 24-year old black man who was found hanging from a tree last week. Fuller’s death was initially ruled a suicide, but officials have promised a second investigation after outrage from local residents who suspect foul play.
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest