A man who was wrongfully imprisoned for over 28 years will be freed after another man admitted to the crime he was accused of. Clarence Moses-EL was convicted of rape in 1988, because a woman claimed in court that she dreamed he assaulted her. He was sentenced to serve 48 years in prison, and was not able to prove his innocence until more than halfway through his term.
Another odd thing about the situation is that Clarence was not the first person that she identified. In fact, after the incident happened, she told police that another man was the perpetrator, and she was actually correct, because the man that she first accused is the one who now confessed. However, she began to have doubts about the version of events that she told police because she said that Clarence’s face came to her in a dream, and she trusted that more than her initial intuition
All along, Clarence has maintained his innocence, and has tried multiple appeals, and they have all failed through no fault of his own. Each appeal was rejected because police threw away DNA evidence that could have exonerated him, despite a court order to keep all evidence safe under lock and key.
The case was so strange and historic that it inspired legislation that aims to preserve DNA evidence in major felony cases for a defendant’s entire lifetime.
Luckily, in December of 2013, the real perpetrator, L.C. Jackson, sent him a letter in prison saying he couldn’t believe Moses-EL was accused of raping the woman because he ‘had sex’ with her at the same time that night.
“I really don’t know what to say to you, but let’s start by bringing what was done in the dark into the light. I have a lot on my heart,” Jackson said.
Later Jackson testified in court that he had consensual sex with the woman, but for some reason became angry with her during the incident and hit her in the head. However, the victim claims that she was sleeping and did not consent to the encounter.
Jackson has still yet to be charged, but he is already in jail due to charges from other similar incidents. Back in 1992, Jackson was convicted of raping a mother and daughter about a mile and a half away from the other victim’s home. In that case, DNA evidence led to his conviction.
Even though Jackson has not yet been charged in the crime, his testimony has persuaded Denver District Judge Kandace Gerdes to grant Clarence a new trial. Since it was Jackson’s blood type that was found at the crime as well, there is more than enough evidence to clear Clarence.
It is strange that testimony based on a dream resulted in a prison sentence of nearly 50 years, especially when there was another suspect that was identified first, who had a history of crime, and a blood type matching samples found at the scene. It appears that the police investigating this case really dropped the ball.
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest