Protesters Against Child Trafficking Gather Outside Buckingham Palace Shouting “Pedophile”

 

In London this Saturday, protesters marched against child trafficking and gathered outside of Buckingham Palace to demand that Prince Andrew be held accountable for the accusations against him. Protesters carried signs showing Prince Andrew’s face with messages calling for his arrest. At one point in the demonstration, protesters could be heard chanting “pedophile” outside the gates of the palace.

The protests were organized through a Facebook event page called, ‘Freedom For The Children Global Walk London.’

A post on the event page read: “The purpose of this walk for change is to bring awareness to the current reality of child exploitation within our own communities and around the world. Let’s show our devotion and determination toward protecting these children, our communities most vulnerable, by requesting change and reformation within our government and law enforcement agencies to ensure that justice is brought in such a manner that it will significantly reduce instances of child exploitation while promoting awareness in order to end this ongoing issue.”

In footage later released of the protest, a large crowd can be seen outside the gates of the palace.

Protesters shout 'paedophile' outside Buckingham Palace

In footage said to be from yesterday, protesters outside Buckingham Palace chant 'paedophile, paedophile'. You're unlikely to see this on the BBC…

Posted by The Skwawkbox on Monday, August 24, 2020

Andrew has previously promised to help investigators with the case, but has since removed himself from public life. He has also refused requests for interviews that investigators have sent him. He has stepped down from his official royal position and is now more than ever the black sheep of the royal family.

After Maxwell’s arrest, the prince has canceled all of his travels and business trips outside of the UK, likely out of fears that he will be arrested as well.

According to a former member of the Royal guard who worked on Andrew’s security detail, The London Metropolitan Police have destroyed evidence that could have revealed where Prince Andrew was on one of the evenings where he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman named Virginia Giuffre, who was 17-years old at the time.

Andrew was questioned about Giuffre’s accusations during an interview with BBC, and he made numerous mistakes and fumbles that brought his credibility into question.

In the interview, Andrew vehemently denied knowing Giuffre and insisted that he was not at that nightclub on March 10th.

Prince Andrew says he has "no recollection" of meeting Epstein accuser

In an exclusive BBC Newsnight interview, Britain's Prince Andrew denies accusations of having underage sex with one of Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged victims: "I have no recollection of ever meeting this lady." Yet as CBS News' Elizabeth Palmer reports, there’s no question the two men were indeed friends. https://cbsn.ws/2CM6QTD

Posted by CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell on Friday, November 15, 2019

He claimed that he was at a Pizza Express location in Woking, for a party, but at least one other witness has come forward to corroborate Giuffre’s claim. The witness says that she distinctly remembers seeing the prince at the nightclub on that evening. There is a chance that Andrew could be legally compelled to speak with US prosecutors about the case, but the situation is unprecedented, and he seems to feel that appearing in court is beneath him.

Andrew has already been caught in several lies since his appearance on BBC including a leak of private emails where he mentioned Virginia Giuffre by name despite claiming to have never heard of her during his interview. There are also accounts from eyewitnesses who say that they saw the prince with a young girl at the Tramp nightclub on the evening in question. There is also the now-infamous photo of Andrew and a then-17-year-old Giuffre, but the prince claims that the photo was doctored.

Prince Andrew’s personal website, thedukeofyork.org, has been taken offline, and now the URL just redirects to his biography on the royal family’s main website royal.uk. There was no official announcement but the changes are likely a part of the royal family’s damage-control plan, as they attempt to deal with the fallout of very serious allegations against the prince.

Total
4K
Shares
Previous Article

Sony Offering Gamers Jobs To Play Video Games

Next Article

Two Killed And One Injured In Shooting In Kenosha

Related Posts
Total
4K
Share