Sony has finally unveiled the forthcoming PlayStation 5 in a new showcase and revealed some of the games that will be coming to the system at launch or shortly after. Actually, it was two PS5 systems that were unveiled by Sony, a digital version, and a version that has a disk drive, allowing gamers to go entirely digital if that is what they want.
The system is a white and black design that matches the previously revealed DualSense controller, with a black internal block flanked by two white wings along its sides. The unit can operate in a vertical mode or horizontally. Heat vents are located on the top of the device when it is set up vertically.
Sony plans to launch the PlayStation 5 by the end of 2020, so it will be available for holiday sales.
The company has also announced some great games to be released at launch, including Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Horizon Forbidden West and a Demon’s Souls remake.
Similar to previous console generations, developers are expected to continue releasing new games for both the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation 5 as the lifecycle for the PS4 finishes.
The console supports cross-generation play for cross-platform and backward compatible games, which allows players to switch backward or forward between systems and continue their progress, while friends on a different platform can join the same multiplayer games together.
The console has a completely revamped user interface that is described as accessible and informative, providing real-time updates so the player doesn’t have to search or wait to discover friends’ activities, available multiplayer activities, and available single-player missions and rewards.
The system has 16 GB of GDDR6 SDRAM with a bandwidth of 448 GB/s.
A custom SSD storage solution was designed for the PlayStation 5 to increase data rates for fast loading times and larger bandwidth. This speed allows games to be more immersive and to support 8K resolution. The base system has a 825 GB SSD connected via a 12-channel interface to the main system. The system includes a 4K-compatible Ultra HD Blu-ray optical drive.
The new console is also expected to be compatible with PlayStation VR.
In addition to the console reveal, several additional accessories were announced including a charging station for the DualSense, a new HD camera, and a media remote control.
The PS5 will also support something called ray-tracing, which is a digital technology that allows for more realistic lighting and authentic 3D environments.
The new DualSense wireless controller for the PlayStation 5 was revealed on April 7, 2020. The DualSense controller is based on the DualShock controllers but with slight modifications, like adaptive triggers with haptic feedback that can change the resistance to the player as necessary, supporting an experience such as virtually drawing an arrow from a bow.
Back in February, Bloomberg reported the unit was expected to cost somewhere around $470, which is significantly higher than the launch price of previous consoles.
Thanks to their large stable of exclusive titles, PlayStation 4 was by far the best selling console of this current generation, with over 100 million units sold worldwide. By comparison, the rival of PlayStation 5, X Box One, has sold just over 41 million units in the same length of time.
- Protesters Topple Christopher Columbus Statue In Baltimore
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News11 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest