The website OnlineCasino.ca conducted a study and predicted how avid gamers could look in the next 20 years if they didn’t change their lifestyle habits. The study notes health hazards like sleep deprivation and dehydration, lack of vitamin D, digital eye strain and ‘playstation thumb’.
The website created a model of what a future gamer could look like in 2040, and they call that model “Michael.” The model was intentionally created with black rings in the skin under his eyes, which could come from increased periods of screen activity. His eyes are also bloodshot, because looking at a screen for extended periods of time also causes Computer Vision Syndrome or Digital Eye Strain which presents itself as dry and bloodshot eyes.
Michael also has problems with hair loss, because his body is lacking in vitamin D. His skull is also indented from constant use of a headset, and he has hairy ears due to poor air quality and lack of circulation. He also has problems with his hands, including a nail disorder called ‘Playstation Thumb’, or Onycholysis, which is caused by repetitive trauma such as tapping fingernails on a keyboard or controller that results in fingernails that are loosened from their nail beds. Nintendo Arthritis aka ‘Nintendinitis’ is also a problem for Michael, as is “Trigger Finger”, which is also sometimes known as Gamers Thumb. This happens when the tendons in your thumb or ring finger become so inflamed from gaming that there is limited movement in the hand. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome could also be a major problem for excessive gamers.
Michael’s body is also extremely disfigured from gaming as well. He has a hunched back with rounded shoulders, a condition that would develop slowly over time. The hunched back and round shoulders will eventually start to cause pain and discomfort. However, this condition can be avoided with stretching and regular exercise.
Those types of exercises can also help with the muscle stiffness and obesity that is expected to come along with a gaming lifestyle in the future. If someone is being lazy and lounging all day they usually don’t eat very well either, which can lead to a variety of other health problems.
Michael seems to have some skin problems as well. The creators of the model note that Michael has eczema, which can be caused by the constant release of the stress hormone cortisol. He also has varicose veins, which can form when you remain in the same position for prolonged periods of time. This causes valves of your veins not to function properly, allowing blood to leak and flow backwards where it begins to collect and swell. One of the strangest looking features on the model is his swollen ankles, which can develop when a person is inactive for extended periods of time. If a person lives an entirely sedentary lifestyle, muscles cannot pump fluid back towards the heart, so fluid and blood retains around the ankles causing swelling and discomfort.
This model is intended to be a warning of what gamers can expect if they don’t take their health more seriously.
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest