This week, a New York jury found disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein guilty on multiple charges, in relation to accusations of abuse and assault from more than 80 women, who were victimized by the 67-year-old Hollywood mogul throughout the duration of his career. Despite consistently denying the allegations against him, the amount of evidence and corroborated testimonies in the case has been overwhelming.
Following the guilty verdict on Monday, Weinstein was supposed to be on his way to Rikers Island Prison to await sentencing, but he was unexpectedly diverted to a New York City hospital after complaining of chest pains. Despite his momentary reprieve in the hospital, he still faces up to 25 years in prison for these charges, and is also awaiting another criminal case in Los Angeles, California which could end with the same verdict.
Meanwhile, Dr. Barbera Ziv, a forensic psychologist who testified against Weinstein, and one of the key witnesses in the trial, was hit by a car while walking the across the street and then quickly rushed to the hospital with multiple injuries, likely somewhere near her home or work in the Philadelphia area.
Very little is known about the incident, but Law and Crime reported that she was hospitalized with multiple broken bones, and the story was later confirmed by Inside Edition. Her testimony dispelled some of the victim-blaming defenses that Weinstein and his attorneys were hoping to use in the case, like the criticism that the women waited too long to make the complaints, or that they continued to work for him despite their encounter.
Dr. Barbara Ziv is a psychiatrist in Flourtown, Pennsylvania and is affiliated with Temple University Hospital. She received her medical degree from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years. Ziv has been qualified as an expert in more than 200 civil and criminal cases, and has testified for both prosecution and defense teams.
Dr. Barbara Ziv also participated as a witness in the case against Bill Cosby. In both cases, her testimony is said to have been vital in securing the convictions. Some of the major issues that Ziv covered in her testimonies was explaining why victims may delay disclosing a sexual assault, factors that determine whether and how a victim may interact with their attacker after an assault has happened, or why a victim may not show obvious signs of an outward trauma after an assault.
These types of arguments have long been used to justify or defend powerful men who were accused of similar crimes, and have been so prevalent in our society that Ziv has called them the “rape myths.”
There is no solid evidence that Ziv’s testimony has anything to do with her recent injuries, but the timing is extremely suspicious considering that it happened in the very same week that Weinstein was convicted. Weinstein also has a very bad reputation for ruthlessly intimidating his victims, to the point where some journalists were even afraid to report on the case.
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- Harmful Levels Of Arsenic Found In Bottled Water Products
- State Of Rhode Island Will Change Its Name Over Racism Concerns
- 3 Men Indicted On Murder Charges In The Death Of Ahmaud Arbery
- Hundreds Of People Ambush Police In Tampa Bay
- Crowd Attacks Senator In Wisconsin Topples Anti-Slavery War Hero Statue
- President Trump Says Statue Vandals Will Get Up To Ten Years In Prison
- 7.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Mexico – Tsunami Warnings Issued
- Teen Facing Life In Prison For Killing Her Sex Trafficker Is Released On Bail
- Dangerous Sahara Dust Cloud Is Headed For The US Coast
- China’s Dog Meat Festival Begins Despite Bans On Live Meat Markets
- Ghislaine Maxwell Reportedly Found Near Epstein’s £7 Million Paris Apartment
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest