The Republican party in Wisconsin has alleged that hackers have stolen $2.3 million from one of their accounts that was being used to help re-elect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party’s chairman told The Associated Press.
The party told AP they had noticed the suspicious activity on Oct. 22nd and contacted the FBI on Friday, according to Republican Party Chairman Andrew Hitt, Associated Press reported.
Hitt said the FBI is investigating the theft of millions of dollars. FBI spokesman Leonard Peace did not immediately return a message seeking comment to AP.
The attack comes as less than two weeks remain before Election Day, as both Trump and Democratic rival Joe Biden made their final push to win Wisconsin and its 10 electoral votes. In 2016, Trump won the state by fewer than 23,000 votes. Both Trump and Biden have planned to campaign in Wisconsin as the final days approach for the U.S. election. Polls have consistently shown a tight race in the state, with Biden ahead by single digits and within a margin of error.
Hitt further said he was not aware of any other state GOP being targeted by any similar hack, but state parties have previously been warned at the Republican National Convention this summer to be on the lookout for cyber attacks.
“We have been in contact with the state party and are assisting them through this process,” said Republican National Committee spokesman Michael Ahrens. “The RNC never left Wisconsin after 2016, and we are confident that our ground game and the millions we are spending on TV and digital will deliver us another win there in 2020.”
Hitt said the hackers had manipulated invoices when they were paying four vendors. The vendors were being paid for by direct mail for Trump’s reelection efforts as well as for pro-Trump items such as hats to be handed out to supporters. The invoices and other documents were altered so when the party paid them for the services, the money went to the hackers instead of the vendors, Hitt said.
The hack was discovered after a party official noticed that an invoice was generated, Hitt said.
Hitt stated it seems the cyber-attack began as a phishing attempt and no other data was stolen or compromised, said party spokesman Alec Zimmerman.
Last week the U.S. Department Of Homeland security (DHS) blamed Iran hackers for spoofed voter intimidation emails that were blamed on The Proud Boys. U.S. govenrment analysts and private sector investigators were able to rapidly attribute to Iranian hackers a wave of thousands of threatening emails aimed at U.S. voters because of mistakes made in a video attached to some of the messages, Reuters previously reported.
This also comes after Donald Trump’s re-election campaign website was hacked briefly pushing a Monero cryptocurrency scam in which hackers claimed to have sensitive data on Trump proving various conspiracies, Anewspost previously reported.
The notice posted on the site in broken English claimed to have proof that the Trump government was involved in the origins of the pandemic, and that Trump has been involved with “foreign actors manipulating the 2020 elections.”
It provided two Monero wallet addresses for visitors to send money to, allowing them to effectively vote on whether the hackers should release the incriminating evidence. One wallet was labeled with “Yes, share the data” and the other “No, do not share the data.”
A note on the website referenced a “deadline” after which the amount of funds in the two addresses would be compared, but provides no information on when the deadline is. It also showed a PGP encryption key which TechCrunch notes corresponds to an email address at planet.gov, a website that doesn’t exist.
It is unknown who is behind the recent hack of $2.3 million dollars at the time of this report. However, investigators are said to be investigating the million dollar theft and Trump’s campaign website hack.
In June, Google’s security researchers stated they had identified efforts by at least two nation state-backed hackers against the Trump and Biden presidential campaigns.
Shane Huntley, director for Google’s Threat Analysis Group, said in a tweet that hackers backed by China and Iran had targeted the campaigns using malicious phishing emails. However, Huntley added, there are “no signs of compromise,” and that both campaigns were alerted to the attempts.
Recently TAG saw China APT group targeting Biden campaign staff & Iran APT targeting Trump campaign staff with phishing. No sign of compromise. We sent users our govt attack warning and we referred to fed law enforcement. https://t.co/ozlRL4SwhG
— Shane Huntley (@ShaneHuntley) June 4, 2020
U.S. Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said last week that both Russia and Iran have attempted to interfere with the 2020 election. Three sources told Reuters that U.S. intelligence is still determining who in Iran led the effort and the reason behind it, The Hill reported.
Colombian Govt Wants To Legalize Cocaine And Then Sell It
This article was originally published On Dec 3, 2020
Colombia is one of the most notorious producers of cocaine in the world, despite the fact that the country has gone to great lengths in hopes of diminishing the trade of the drug trade within its borders.
Now, some members of the Columbian government are proposing a new approach. They are calling for the drug to be legalized and for the government to take control of the industry for themselves.
In a new bill first proposed earlier this year, senators Iván Marulanda and Feliciano Valencia call for the Colombian government to take total control of the cocaine industry to bolster public funds and cut violent cartels out of the trade.
In a recent interview with VICE, Marulanda explained that the government would purchase coca at market price from the 200,000 farming families that are believed to be involved in the trade.
Columbia is considering a bill that makes the government buy up and sell the country’s cocaine production.
HOLY. SHIT. So instead try to stamp out drugs, Columbia tries to take control of the trade and regulate the problem? https://t.co/8SBmE45dmX
— Jason Ng (@ByJasonNg) December 2, 2020
The senators argued that it would actually be cheaper for authorities to buy the crop from the farmers than it would for them to destroy their crops. It costs the government roughly $1 billion every year to destroy coca crops, while it would only cost about $680 million to buy it.
“The thing is, we have to recover control over the state. We’re losing control of the state to corruption, narcos in politics. They’re in municipalities, in departments and in congress. All the way to the highest echelons of government,” Marulanda explained.
From here, the state would supply cocaine to users and research groups looking to study its use for painkillers, but it would not be sold recreationally. However, cocaine use is already legal in Columbia, after a court ruled that personal consumption was a human right.
Marulanda is not sure if his bill will make an impact, or how long it will take to gain traction, but he is hoping to make it a major election issue in 2022.
‘The first big obstacle is to open up the conversation among public opinion. This has been a giant taboo. Colombians are born and raised under this assumption that drug-trafficking is a war. There’s no information about coca and cocaine. So, with this bill we hope to open the conversation,” he explained.
In recent years, the government has stepped up their military-police-style enforcement of the industry, and yet cocaine production continues to grow in the country.
Coca cultivation reached 212,000 hectares last year, a rise of nearly 2% from 208,000 hectares the year before, according to figures released by the White House in March. Potential pure cocaine production, meanwhile, rose to 951 metric tons, an 8% increase, according to the Associated Press.
“It’s pretty remarkable that they manually eradicated 100,000 hectares last year and didn’t move the needle,” Adam Isacson of the Washington Office on Latin America think tank said earlier this year. “I guess it means replanting has at least kept pace.”
It seems that no matter what the government does, the cocaine keeps on coming, so politicians are willing to try things that may drastic. However, as Marulanda pointed out in his interview with Vice, cutting out the criminal middlemen will reduce the violence seen in the country’s drug war, and also make the drug safer for the people who use it.
Another Little Black Book That Once Belonged To Epstein With New Names Is Found
It is well-known that the late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein kept detailed records of all the powerful people that he stayed in contact with. There is a notorious “little black book” that was published by Gawker in 2015, which exposed many of the powerful people in his circle. This book is believed to contain the contacts that he most frequently called around 2004 and 2005. However, a new list of contacts, recently published by The Insider, reveals new names that were friends with Epstein in the 1990s.
The new black book has the names of 349 people, many of whom did not appear in the list that was previously released to the public.
Among the names on the list are Suzanne Ircha, who’s married to Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets, famous wall street investor Carl Icahn, supermarket owner John A. Catsimatidis, actress Morgan Fairchild, former New Republic owner Marty Peretz; and Cristina Greeven, the wife of CNN anchor Chris Cuomo.
The new black book was made public through a strange twist of fate. A woman initially found the book in the late 1990s and saved it for many years until she finally sold it on eBay.
Denise Ondayko, the woman who found the book, said she was walking down Fifth Avenue in the mid-’90s when she spotted a black address book on the ground. She said that she didn’t realize it was Epstein’s book at the time, because he was pretty much unknown to the public, but she did realize that it had a lot of famous names and figured that it might be worth something, so she held onto it.
Last year, Ondayko was cleaning out an old storage unit where she was keeping some of her things and she stumbled upon the book. Now that Epstein was all over the news, the information contained in the book was much more obvious to identify.
Ondayko said she reached out to everyone in the media that she could, including John Oliver, Rachel Maddow, and The New York Times, but none of them ever got back to her, so she eventually just put it up for sale on eBay.
The buyer was Chris Helali, an aspiring politician from Vermont. He purchased the book for $425.
Helali also tried reaching out to the media, including journalists that were already reporting on Epstein, but none of them seemed interested. Finally, Nick Bryant, the reporter who wrote the original Gawker black book story forwarded the book to the Insider who decided to publish.
Insider hired Dennis Ryan, a former forensic document examiner and laboratory supervisor for the Nassau County Police Department, to verify the authenticity of the book. Ryan says that the book is definitely from the late 90s, and many of the dates and addresses match up perfectly with Epstein’s properties and known contacts at the time.
The Insider also reached out to dozens of contacts listed in the book who had never previously been publicly associated with Epstein. Fourteen acknowledged on the record that they knew or had met Epstein in the ’90s.
There are over 120 names that appear in both books, including Donald Trump and Bill Clinton. Some of the other names included, Steve Rattner, Beth Anne Bovino, Dominique Bluhdorn, Jill Harth, Ted Field, Robert Nunnery, Stanley Shopkorn, Steve Ruchevsky, Ellen Susman, William and Ann Nitze, Les Gelb, Ron Daniel, Sandy Warner, Cyril Fung, Marius Fortelni, Michael Cutlip. Many of these names aren’t necessarily famous, but they are very powerful people in business and finance.
The address book is now available in a searchable database on the Insider, but it is unfortunately hidden behind a paywall.
Ghislaine Maxwell’s Lawyers Cite Cosby Case As Precedent To Have Her Released From Prison
Last week, former actor Bill Cosby was released from prison on a technicality, despite the fact that he admitted to drugging and assaulting multiple women, and was accused by many others. After his release, legal experts warned that the ruling could set a dangerous precedent that attorneys in similar cases would use to get their clients released as well.
Now, just a week later, Ghislaine Maxwell’s lawyers are arguing that she should have her case thrown out on the same grounds, according to The Guardian.
Cosby was released because the prosecutor involved initially didn’t press any charges, and claimed that Cosby would not be facing any legal trouble, so when Cosby later confessed, his confession was called into question and no longer admissible in court. The judge also ruled that Cosby had no chance of a fair trial because evidence that was not admissible was so freely available in the media that the jury was unable to make a judgment without considering those facts.
Maxwell’s case is similar because the first time that Epstein was arrested for human trafficking, he was given a sweetheart deal by Alex Acosta, a friendly prosecutor. The deal helped Epstein avoid any serious jail time, but it also gave him and his associates legal protection from being held accountable for any future crimes.
Obviously, it is not possible to shield a criminal from the consequences of actions that they will take in the future, so Epstein was arrested again many years later after it was discovered that he continued his crimes long after his initial arrest. If Epstein and his friends did have any kind of immunity from that deal, it ended when they continued to commit crimes after the deal was made.
Still, Maxwell’s lawyers are optimistic after Cosby’s recent release.
“The government is trying to renege on its agreement and prosecute Ms Maxwell over 25 years later for the exact same offenses for which she was granted immunity,” Maxwell’s lawyers wrote in a statement to Judge Alison Nathan.
However, the judge has previously ruled that the deal did not apply to the current case.
In an opinion piece for the New York Daily News, Maxwell’s attorney David Oscar Markus wrote that releasing Bill Cosby from prison was the right decision, and that Ghislaine Maxwell should be released as well. Markus argued that prosecutors should have to keep the promises that they make to suspects, because people will sometimes incriminate themselves if they think they have immunity.
However, many times prosecutors are corrupt and make promises that are against the best interests of the public, as we saw in Jeffrey Epstein’s first “sweetheart deal” with Alex Acosta while he was district attorney in Southern, Florida. Prosecutors are lawyers, they aren’t the judge and jury, and they shouldn’t hold this much power in a case this serious.
Judge Alison Nathan has not yet responded to the recent request, but she did condemn the recent opinion piece that was published by her lawyers in the New York Daily News earlier this week.
News2 years ago
Pedophiles Panic As New Epstein Flight Logs Set To Be Revealed
News3 years ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
Tech3 years ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
News3 years ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
In case you missed it2 years ago
NASA Chief Warns That Humans Must Prepare For A Massive Meteor Strike
In case you missed it2 weeks ago
Student’s 9/11 Chilling Footage Taken From Her Dorm Room
Anonymous3 years ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
Tech2 years ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
In case you missed it9 months ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
In case you missed it2 years ago
Father Shoots Man Who Kidnapped & Raped His Son, On National TV
Anonymous3 years ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
News3 years ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest
Politics3 years ago
Ilhan Omar’s Arrest Record And Corruption Charges Revealed
Nature2 years ago
No More Coffins, Organic Burial Pods Will Turn Bodies Into Trees
Anonymous2 years ago
Anonymous Predicts What Coronavirus Will Bring In The Coming Months
News2 years ago
China Releases New Frightening Video Showing Attack On U.S. Guam Military Base
News2 years ago
New Surveillance Footage Shows George Floyd Was Not Resisting Arrest
Anonymous3 years ago
Anonymous Message To Greta Thunberg
News2 years ago
Chinese State Media: “If U.S. Troops Return To Taiwan, China Will Start A War”
News2 years ago
Military Base Where Soldiers Have Been Murdered Get’s Caught Up In Child Trafficking Sting