Trump Says Supreme Court Probably Won’t Take His Election Case

 

In a phone interview with Fox News on Sunday, US President Donald Trump acknowledged that his legal battle “probably” won’t reach the Supreme Court, which had been the primary goal of his legal team for the past few weeks.

“It’s very hard to get a case to the Supreme Court. I probably can’t get a case,” Trump said on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

However, he continued to insist that widespread fraud took place during this year’s elections, claiming that millions of votes across several battleground states were illegitimate. He also refused to give any type of “drop-dead” date for when his team will give up their legal battle.

“I’ve got the best Supreme Court advocates, lawyers, that want to argue the case if it gets there, but they said it’s very hard to get a case up there,” Trump said.

This admission from Trump is a major blow to those who were trying to maintain hope for legal victories.

With each legal defeat that the team has suffered, they have claimed that it won’t matter when they bring the case to the Supreme Court. Now, with chances of a Supreme Court hearing looking bleak, the Trump team is running out of legal options to keep the White House.

https://youtu.be/PsI8cx5Lr3w

At one point during the interview, Trump even suggested that the FBI and Department of Justice could somehow be involved in helping to rig the election.

“This is total fraud. And how the FBI, and Department of Justice — I don’t know, maybe they’re involved — but how people are allowed to get away with this is stuff is unbelievable. This election was rigged. This election was a total fraud,” Trump said.

Fox News anchor Maria Bartiromo was criticized for not challenging Trump on many of his assertions about the election, which have previously seen push back from other employees of the network.

In the week after the election, Fox News host Neil Cavuto abruptly cut off White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, over claims about the election being stolen, saying that he could not air “false claims” in “good conscience.”

In his first public appearance after the election, Trump gave a controversial speech from the White House, which caused many networks to cut their coverage prematurely after he claimed that he would win the election if the “legal” votes were counted. MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, and NPR, decided to cut their coverage of the speech prematurely.

Fox continued to air the speech, but in the following days began to challenge Trump’s claims, causing the network’s relationship with the president to deteriorate. There have even been rumors that Trump is planning to launch his own media network when he leaves office, and that he wants to compete directly with Fox.

The day before his interview with Fox on Sunday, Trump slammed the network on Twitter and called its coverage “unwatchable.” He then directed his followers to watch OANN and Newsmax instead, which has given his efforts to contest the election much more favorable coverage than Fox.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332773351018942465

Total
0
Shares
Previous Article

Students Want Trump Officials Banned From Harvard University

Next Article

Mother of Teen Killed By Police Was Shot At His Funeral

Related Posts
Total
0
Share