Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police

On Tuesday, US Army officials announced that they discovered human remains in the search for Pfc. Vanessa Guillen, a Fort Hood soldier who has been missing since April. After the announcement was made, the case began to develop more quickly, leading to the identifications of multiple suspects.

One of the suspects, who the Guillen family attorney identified as another soldier by the name of Aaron David Robinson, was tracked down by police but he shot and killed himself before he could be apprehended.

“The suspect was located walking in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue. As officers attempted to make contact with the suspect, he produced a weapon and committed suicide by shooting himself.” Killeen police Chief Charles Kimble said.

Police arrested a second suspect, a woman who was not identified by name, but believed to be an estranged wife of another soldier that worked at the base.

Guillen’s sister, Mayra Guillen, says that she spoke with Robinson when she was initially searching for her sister, and she had a bad feeling about him because of his behavior during her search. Guillen’s family is also concerned about other people at the base potentially being involved, as well as allegations of sexual assault that Vanessa told them about before her disappearance.

The family’s attorney, Natalie Kwaham, suspects that there was some type of cover-up at the base, and that the family’s investigation was blocked every step of the way.

Kahwam said military officials at the base “should be ashamed of themselves.”

“Protocol was breached in every manner. We lost one of our own on our own base. Unacceptable. It should never happen. Ever,” Kahwam said.

This should never have happened. We will never know what happened, ever, until we get a congressional investigation. Because everything we were given was lies, it was evasive. They were not sincere. They were actually very disingenuous to us. I don’t know who’s covering up for who, but it doesn’t matter. We lost a life. We lost a beautiful young soldier. It’s time we fix our system,” she added.

Kahwam also called for a full congressional investigation into the incident and the base has promised to investigate allegations of sexual assault.

Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller told Crime Stories with Nancy Grace that the human remains were found sealed in concrete. Miller claims freshly-mixed concrete was poured onto Guillen’s body to make a homemade vault, and said that the body was also covered in rocks.

The remains were found in the same area where the remains of another Fort Hood soldier were recently discovered. Two weeks ago, skeletal remains of Pvt. Gregory Wedel-Morales were found in a field near the base after U.S. Army investigators received a tip directing them to the location of the body.

Wedel-Morales had been missing since Aug. 20, 2019, a day after he was seen driving off the Fort Hood base. He was also scheduled to be discharged from the Army within days of his disappearance, according to Army officials. It is not clear if there is any connection between the two cases.

Violent encounter with Killeen suspect

Update: is the latest information on the search for missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen and a violent encounter with a suspect in Killeen this morning. It's unknown if the suspect is related to her case.

Posted by Sophia Stamas on Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Previous Article

LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams

Next Article

Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters

Related Posts