In a tragic ending to a horrific case, German prosecutors have recently revealed that Madeleine McCann is dead. The news was given to the young girl’s parents last week in a letter from the attorneys.
The prosecutors did not disclose how they had this information because it involved evidence that needs to remain secret until the suspect is facing trial.
The primary suspect in the case has been named as Christian Brueckner, and authorities say that they have been discovering more evidence showing that he is responsible for the girl’s death.
Prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters says that the evidence must remain secret to ensure that the suspect is brought to justice.
“I sympathize with the parents but if we reveal more details to them it might jeopardize the investigation. We have concrete evidence that our suspect has killed Madeleine and this means she is dead,” he said.
“But we can’t say why she is dead – it is more important that we are successful and we are able to get the culprit as opposed to just putting our cards on the table and telling them why we think she might be,” he added.
Just two years ago, Brueckner was arrested in Italy on charges related to a different case, where he was accused of raping an American in 2007. DNA matching his was also found at the scene. He was also charged in numerous other sexual assaults of American tourists.
In December of 2019, he was convicted and sentenced to seven years in prison based on the evidence against him, but the case is pending appeal, so the sentence has not yet been imposed.
It is not immediately clear how he became a suspect in this case as well, but the evidence must be significant for him to be named by authorities.
3-year-old McCann, went missing while the family was on vacation in 2007, and the case has been shrouded in mystery ever since.
Rogerio Alves, a lawyer who represents the McCanns in Portugal, has been putting pressure on German investigators to reveal what evidence they have and demanded to know ‘what is being done to solve the case’.
He accused the three police forces involved in the investigation of ‘keeping information for themselves’ and demanded them to be more open about the evidence with the family.
Meanwhile, Portuguese police are preparing to search Brueckner’s Praia da Luz villa in search of Maddie McCann’s body. The suspect is also believed to have rented a farmhouse that is less than a half-hour away from where the young girl disappeared. It is believed that while he was in the neighborhood, he would lurk through the area robbing and stealing from different houses, and occasionally even committing sexual assaults when he had the opportunity.
The family has declined to comment on the developments in the case.
In a statement to the press, Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, said “The McCanns simply will not comment on private correspondence, be that from the prosecutor, the police or indeed anyone else. Nor will they be giving a running commentary on their liaisons with the German authorities as the investigation moves forward.”
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- Harmful Levels Of Arsenic Found In Bottled Water Products
- State Of Rhode Island Will Change Its Name Over Racism Concerns
- 3 Men Indicted On Murder Charges In The Death Of Ahmaud Arbery
- Hundreds Of People Ambush Police In Tampa Bay
- Crowd Attacks Senator In Wisconsin Topples Anti-Slavery War Hero Statue
- President Trump Says Statue Vandals Will Get Up To Ten Years In Prison
- 7.4 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Mexico – Tsunami Warnings Issued
- Teen Facing Life In Prison For Killing Her Sex Trafficker Is Released On Bail
- Dangerous Sahara Dust Cloud Is Headed For The US Coast
- China’s Dog Meat Festival Begins Despite Bans On Live Meat Markets
- Ghislaine Maxwell Reportedly Found Near Epstein’s £7 Million Paris Apartment
- Georgia House Votes To Allow Citizens To Abolish Police Departments In The State
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest