Connect with us

Uncategorized

President Trump Says Statue Vandals Will Get Up To Ten Years In Prison

blank

Published

on

 

As protests against racial inequality and police brutality continue to grow across the United States, statues and monuments that are deemed to be racist have become targets of protesters. In recent weeks, numerous statues have been toppled and vandalized throughout the country. In one case that we reported earlier this week, protesters in North Carolina toppled two confederate statues and paraded them through the streets, before hanging one by its neck from a traffic light.

Earlier this week, protesters outside of the White House in Washington DC, attempted to topple a statue of President Andrew Jackson before they were cleared from the park by police who used tear gas. Before they were cleared by police, protesters managed to spray paint the word “killer” on the base of the monument.

In response to the recent attacks on statues, US President Donald Trump promised to sign an executive order that would prosecute vandals of US monuments with prison sentences of up to ten years.

In a press conference Tuesday, Trump confirmed earlier Tweets where he suggested prosecuting vandals of statues.

“Last night we stopped an attack on a great monument of Andrew Jackson and Lafayette Park. We are looking at long term jail sentences for these vandals, hoodlums, anarchists and agitators. Some people don’t like that language, but that’s what they are: Bad people. They don’t love our country, and they’re not taking down our monuments,” Trump said.

“I will have an executive order very shortly. And all it’s really going to do is reinforce what’s already there, but in a more uniform way. If the state governments, as you see them, all over, Seattle. They’re very weak. And in Minnesota, they might need help. If they need help, the federal government is willing to help them,” he added.

Trump said that that “numerous people” are already in jail after being arrested last night and promised that many more are going “today.” Trump added that he was a “fan” of Jackson, but did not elaborate on his admiration. Jackson’s legacy has become surrounded in controversy after modern historians have called attention to the fact that he owned slaves and participated in the Native American genocide. Activists have previously called for Jackson’s face to be removed from the $20 bill, and have it replaced with an image of Harriet Tubman.

blank

Photo Credit: ABC

In tweets before the press conference, Trump said that he “authorized” the federal government to “arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue, or other such Federal property in the U.S.” He even claimed that these terms would apply retroactively, to anyone previously found damaging statues.

Trump said that violators could be charged under the Veterans Memorial Preservation or “such other laws that may be pertinent.”

One section of the act states that a person who willfully injures or destroys veteran memorials or attempts to do so shall be fined and/or imprisoned no more than 10 years. However, some constitutional scholars suggest that it is not possible to charge a person for a crime retroactively.

Mark Horowitz is a graduate of Brandeis University with a degree in political science. Horowitz could have had a job at one of the top media organizations in the United States, but when working as an intern, he found that the journalists in the newsroom were confined by the anxieties and sensibilities of their bosses. Horowitz loved journalism, but wanted more freedom to pursue more complex topics than you would find on the evening news. Around the same time, he began to notice that there was a growing number of independent journalists developing followings online by sharing their in-depth analysis of advanced or off-beat topics. It wasn't long before Horowitz quit his internship with a large New York network to begin publishing his own material online.

Advertisement

Uncategorized

Victims Of Kyle Rittenhouse File Negligence Lawsuit Against Police

blank

Published

on

 

Attorneys representing the two of the men who were shot by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse during protests this summer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, are suing the city and police department for allowing the teen to roam around the protests with a gun.

The victims have filed damages claims totaling $10 million, insisting that police were negligent in their responsibilities.

Kimberly Motley, an attorney who is representing 22-year-old Gaige Grosskreutz, the only person to survive the shooting, says that officers were encouraging Rittenhouse and the other militia members who were out on the streets.

“We’re basically looking to sue different actors within the city of Kenosha as well as the city of Kenosha itself who we believe were negligent in their allowing of Mr. Rittenhouse to indiscriminately run around during the week and protest with a loaded weapon. Officers were giving water to different armed people that were down there including offering it to the shooter,” Motley said.

The suit claims that Grosskreutz has suffered “significant permanent physical damage,” pain and suffering, as well as a loss of income and future earnings.

“People died that night, my client nearly died that night,” Motley told WTMJ-TV.

In addition to the two murder charges he faces, Rittenhouse is also looking at charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man.

Rittenhouse’s legal team argued that he acted in self-defense when shooting all three individuals.

However, Keating said that these issues are for a jury to decide, and that the charges can not be thrown out before the trial.

Last month, Rittenhouse was released from prison on a $2 million bond, and will remain free until his trial. It is not clear when his trial will officially begin, but an arraignment in the case is scheduled for January 5th.

In addition to the two murder charges he faces, Rittenhouse is also looking at charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man.

Rittenhouse had traveled to the protests with a militia group that organized online and claimed to be assisting police and protecting private property during the demonstrations.

The details of exactly what happened are still being investigated and debated, but at some point during the protest, Rittenhouse shot a protester multiple times.

Rittenhouse then began to try to get away from the area, but protesters who witnessed the shooting chased after him and tried to stop him.

When the group caught up with Rittenhouse, another person was shot and killed after a short scuffle. After that, Rittenhouse was able to walk right past the police and leave the city. In one of the videos taken by witnesses, Rittenhouse can be heard saying “I just killed somebody.”

Rittenhouse turned himself in at a local police station in Antioch the morning after the shootings, where he apparently admitted to shooting protesters, according to records from the Antioch Police Department.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Donald Trump’s Lawyer Says Epstein Is Still Alive

blank

Published

on

 

Lin L. Wood is an extremely controversial attorney.

In addition to representing US President Donald Trump in his mission to overturn the 2020 election results, Wood has also volunteered to represent Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse.

Wood has made headlines again this week by claiming that the notorious billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein is still alive.

It all began when Wood claimed that Chief Justice John Roberts had something to do with the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.

Wood made the claim about Epstein still being alive, hinting that Epstein somehow knew about the circumstances surrounding his death.

blank

Photo: Ben Margot/Associated Press

“I am fully aware of the onslaught of attacks being made against me based on my revelations about Chief Justice John Roberts. Before attacking me, maybe fair-minded people would first ask Roberts to tell the truth. Or ask Jeffrey Epstein. He is alive,” Lin tweeted on Thursday.

Lin also suggested that Justice Roberts was discussing Scalia’s successor prior to his death, insinuating that Justice Roberts knew that Scalia was going to die.

However, at the time, Justice Scalia was nearly 80 years old and had a history of high blood pressure and heart problems.

Lin also suggested that the chief justice was a member of a “club or cabal requiring minor children as an initiation fee.”

Lin said that Justice Roberts arranged for the “illegal adoption” of two children from Epstein.

In other controversial tweets, Lin Wood suggested that Trump supporters should stock up on “Second Amendment supplies” ahead of the inauguration of Joe Biden.

In February, a judge in the Virgin Islands questioned the lawyers of Jeffrey Epstein’s estate, after an old bank account registered to Epstein received millions of dollars from the estate in the months since his death.

The account was opened by Epstein in the Virgin Islands in 2014 and was reportedly intended to be used for an international banking firm that he planned to develop.

When questioned by Judge Carolyn Hermon-Purcell, the lawyers for Epstein’s estate said that the payments were made “in error,” but the judge was not satisfied with the explanation and demanded that the lawyers provide a full accounting of the payments made from the estate.

While there is no evidence that Epstein is still alive, his cause of death remains a mystery.

The autopsy performed on Epstein found that he broke multiple bones in his neck, including the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple.

Epstein’s death has been disputed by private pathologist Michael Baden who was hired by Epstein’s brother Mark. Baden has stated that the autopsy photos and Epstein’s broken hyoid bone, prove that Epstein didn’t kill himself.

The last prisoner to share a cell with the notorious billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein reportedly died last month after catching COVID-19 in prison.

The prisoner, Efrain “Stone” Reyes shared a cell with Epstein in August 2019 before he was transferred to Queens Detention Facility, according to the New York Daily News.

Epstein’s mysterious death took place the day after Reyes was transferred.

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Scientology Church To Mediate Danny Masterson Witness Intimidation Suit

blank

Published

on

 

The four women who accused “That 70’s Show” star Danny Masterson of rape, also brought charges of stalking and intimidation against the actor and the Church of Scientology.

Agents of the church reportedly harassed the women after they made the accusations against the actor, which is the type of behavior that the church is notorious for.

Any critics of the church or its members quickly find themselves the target of harassment and intimidation by the agents of the church.

Now, a judge has ruled that the victims must settle privately with the Church of Scientology, since all of the victims, except for one, were also members of the church.

The ruling comes just days before Masterson’s scheduled arraignment on three charges of rape between 2001 and 2003. In early November, that hearing was set for Jan 6.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1344773340234350592

On Wednesday, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Steven Kleifield ruled that the harassment complaint from Chrissie Carnell Bixler, her husband, musician Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Marie Bobette Riales, and two Jane Does must be settled by the Church in “religious arbitration,” since an arbitration agreement already exists between the parties that compels disputes to be handled by the Church of Scientology, according to NBC News.

The August 2019 lawsuit says that the women were stalked and intimidated by members of the church after going public with their allegations against Masterson. Agents of the church reportedly went so far as to poison one of the victim’s dogs.

Masterson’s attorney Andrew Brettler said, “This was absolutely the correct result. We look forward to arbitrating the claims, as the Court directed.”

In March 2017, four women filed sexual assault allegations against Masterson, sparking an investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department.

Through his agent, Masterson denied the allegations. In response to the accusations, Netflix fired Masterson from its comedy series “The Ranch” on December 5, 2017, saying in a statement, “Yesterday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him.”

Masterson stated that he is “obviously very disappointed in Netflix’s decision to write my character off of The Ranch.”

A fifth woman who dated Masterson made similar rape accusations in December 2017.

He was dropped as a client by United Talent Agency.

A planned 2019 episode of Leah Remini’s show Aftermath, focusing on the Masterson rape allegations, was delayed due to what one of Masterson’s accusers characterized as pressure from the Church of Scientology. The episode eventually aired on August 27, 2019.

On June 17, 2020, Masterson was charged with raping a 23-year-old woman in 2001, a 28-year-old woman in early 2003, and a 23-year-old woman in late 2003.

The three counts come after a three-year investigation beginning in 2017. If convicted, Masterson faces up to 45 years in prison.

Continue Reading

Trending