Three police officers in North Carolina were fired after they were heard on camera making racist comments, including the use of racial epithets and references to “slaughtering” Black people, police stated.
Wilmington Police Chief Donny Williams stated the three officers — Cpl. Jessie Moore, James Gilmore and Kevin Piner would be terminated immediately for misconduct after an internal investigation “uncovered extensive violations” of the department’s policies, including its standard of conduct and use of proper language.
The department also released a document containing a detailed summary of its investigation.
“Why are we releasing this information this way and at this time? Because it is the right thing to do,” Williams said. “Normally, personnel laws allow only a very small amount of information to be made public. However, in exceptional cases, when it is essential to maintain public confidence in the administration of the City and the Police Department, more information may be released.
“This is the most exceptional and difficult case I have encountered in my career,” he added. “We must establish new reforms for policing here at home and throughout this country.”
The investigation began as a result of a supervisor’s routine inspection of a video from Piner’s in-car camera, Williams said.
Approximately 46 minutes and 12 seconds into the footage, Piner speaks with Gilmore from their respective cars. During the conversation, Piner criticized the department, telling Gilmore the agency is concerned with “kneeling down with the Black folks.” Gilmore then expresses to his colleague he watched a video on social media about white people bowing down on their knees and “worshipping Blacks,” according to the report released by the department.
About an hour and 14 minutes into the video, Piner receives a call from Moore. Shortly into the conversation, Moore refers to a woman he arrested using a racial slur to describe her.
Later in the conversation, Piner tells Moore he feels a civil war is coming and he is “ready,” according to the police report. He said he is going to buy a new assault rifle in the next couple of weeks and said society will be close to martial law. Piner also discusses “slaughtering” people, using a racial slur to describe his targets. Moore responded that he would not do that, while Piner stated, “I’m ready.”
When interviewed separately, each officer admitted to their voice on the video and did not deny saying any of the things that were heard in the recordings, according to the police report. However, each officer did deny being racist, based on the report.
Williams said he recommends that the officers will not be eligible for rehire in the city and will notify the North Carolina Criminal Justice Training and Standards Commission of their behavior. The commission ultimately determines whether an officer can maintain their state certification.
Cops in North Carolina aren’t the only ones throwing around racist slurs on the radio, in LA weeks ago during the start of the George Floyd protests cops were caught discussing putting bounties on minorities slinging around racial slurs for Blacks and Mexicans. There is no information on whether these officers were fired that this reporter was able to find.
Police are now facing retaliation when they are caught spewing racial slurs or displaying any side of hate towards ethnicities. Just recently two police officers in the states of — Louisiana, and Mississippi, have also been fired and lost their jobs due to the use of racial slurs.
It truly is a sorry state of affairs and shows unequivocally without a doubt that racism is alive and well within law enforcement agencies.
Protests have erupted across the country as protesters have voiced their concern for African American lives, inequality, systematic racism, and the overall issue of police brutality. As a result of the chaos, some people have taken advantage of the situation with riots and looting breaking out in some places which authorities have struggled to contain.
Peaceful protests across the country have been mared by occasional violent clashes between police with several videos of police brutality going viral. As the New York Times reported, authorities have responded to the calls for protests with more excessive force against the protesters. Various videos uploaded online shocked the internet showing officers using batons, tear gas, pepper spray, and rubber bullets against protesters and bystanders alike.
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest