In a series of tweets on Saturday night, Nate Diaz criticized fellow UFC fighter Conor McGregor after his devastating win against “Cowboy” Donald Cerrone, which was finished in just 40 seconds.
Diaz even went so far as to say that the whole match was faked.
His tweets can be seen in the screenshots below:
McGregor responded to the tweets during a post-event press conference at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, by challenging Diaz to a fight.
“Let’s go, Nathan. Let’s go brother. Number three. It’s always here. So we’re right here Nathan,” McGregor said.
However, UFC president Dana White quickly began to play damage control, insisting that the schedule for the coming year has not been solidified.
“Uh, I dunno. Not off the top of my head, no. I don’t know what Nate wants to do next,” White said.
Diaz’s return to the octagon is unclear after a serious injury during his UFC 244 defeat by Jorge Masvidal for the “BMF” belt. The match was ultimately ended after a cage-side doctor ruled that the fight should stop because Diaz suffered cuts above and below his right eye, which required plastic surgery.
The fighter’s accusations against McGregor are not unprecedented, just before the fight, Cerrone, who lost the match, was accused of accepting a cash payment to throw the fight. Cerrone was forced to respond to the allegations in an interview with MMA Fighting, where he vehemently denied accepting a payment to throw the fight, saying that there was not enough money in the world that would convince him to bow down in a professional fight.
Cerrone said that he would rather fight to win for free than get paid to lose. All of that is very easy to say, but everyone certainly has a price, and McGregor does have deep pockets. Still, there was no solid evidence that any type of payment took place behind the scenes, thus far it is nothing more than rumor and speculation.
Tech3 weeks ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
News9 months ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
News2 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
Anonymous7 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
News9 months ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles and Sex Offenders
News6 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest
Politics7 months ago
Ilhan Omar’s Arrest Record And Corruption Charges Revealed
Nature1 month ago
No More Coffins, Organic Burial Pods Will Turn Bodies Into Trees