An Iranian prosecutor proclaimed the country had issued an Interpol red notice arrest warrant for United States President Donald Trump for his role in the assassination of a leading military commander earlier this year.
The Tehran prosecutor Ali Alghasimehr said the international “red alert” warrant included Trump and 35 others allegedly involved in the January drone strike that killed General Qassem Soleimani, commander of Iran’s clandestine overseas paramilitary force, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported Monday.
The warrant included a total of thirty-six people who were allegedly involved in the assassination of Hajj Qassem. These individuals were identified, including political and military officials from the United States and other governments. The unknown officials with only Trump being named, have been “ordered by the judiciary to be given a red alert to Interpol,” Alghasimehr was quoted as saying by IRNA.
CNN reports that Iran stated the above 30 some individuals including Trump are accused of “murder and terrorism charges.” However, the news organization notes, “it is unlikely Interpol would grant Iran’s request as its guideline for notices forbids it from ‘undertaking any intervention or activities of a political’ nature.”
Interpol, based in Lyon, France, said in a statement that its constitution forbade it to undertake “any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character”, Aljazeera was quoted reporting.
“Therefore, if or when any such requests were to be sent to the General Secretariat,” it added, “… Interpol would not consider requests of this nature.”
The US’s Iran envoy Brian Hook described the move as a “propaganda stunt”.
Iran’s Alqasimehr further stated that it will continue to pursue the indictment long after Trump’s presidency. Trump ordered the assassination of Qassem earlier this year killing Iran’s key general in January. U.S. officials assassinated Soleimani in an airstrike near Baghdad, at its airport with Iraqi militia head Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis also losing his life. The strike put the region on the brink of war for the weeks following, leaving many on the internet believing that we were headed for war.
The strike on Soleimani in January was justified by the U.S. Department of Defence as being “aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans.” The agency further added, ” Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th.”
Iran retaliated after the killing of Soleimani days later by firing more than a dozen ballistic missiles at two Iraqi airbases housing U.S. forces, NBC reported.
Trump has broad powers in matters of military conflict under the U.S. constitution. However, some experts raised questions about the legality of the strike. Trump very likely faces no danger of arrest, but the charges emphasize the heightened tensions between Iran and the United States since Trump withdrew America from Tehran’s nuclear deal years ago. In addition to withdrawing from the nuclear deal, Trump has imposed numerous economic sanctions on the country’s oil industry, as well as banking and other key sectors for Iran’s economy.
- Kanye West Announces He’s Running For U.S. Presidency 2020
- 2 Protesters Critically Injured After Man Driving Jaguar Plows Through Crowd
- US Sends Aircraft Carriers and Warships Into South China Sea
- Epstein Victim’s Lawyer Spencer Kuvin Says Ghislaine Maxwell Will Be Suicided
- Woman Claims Ghislaine Maxwell Raped Her Repeatably
- Native Tribal Leaders Want Mount Rushmore To Be Removed
- New Book Claims Bill Clinton Had An Affair With Trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell
- CNN Reporter Mugged On Live TV At Knife Point
- Epstein Victim Virginia Giuffre’s Attorneys Ordered By Judge To Destroy All Documents
- Officer Stabbed And Hundreds Arrested During First Day Of New Hong Kong Protests
- Ghislaine Maxwell Epstein’s Madam Has Been Arrested By The FBI
- Hundreds Of Police Storm Seattle Autonomous Zone And Arrest Remaining Protesters
- Suspected Killer Of Missing Soldier Vanessa Guillen Dies By Suicide When Found By Police
- LA City Council Moves To Replace Police Officers With Unarmed Crisis Response Teams
- Human Remains Found In Search Of Missing Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Gunman Opens Fire On Protestors At Louisville Park
- The Chinese Debt Trap Is Taking Over The Entire World
- Fox News Report Says Trump Is Feeling “Fragile” And Could Drop Out Of The Election
- Princeton To Remove Woodrow Wilson’s Name From University’s Buildings Over Racist Views
- Detroit Police Drive SUV Through Crowd Of Protesters
- Iran Asks Interpol To Help Arrest Trump For Assassination Of General
- Bill Making It Illegal To Forcefully Microchip Employees Passes In Michigan
- The Officers Involved With The Death Of George Floyd Could Get Their Jobs Back
- Kylie Jenner Accused Of ‘Refusing To Pay’ Bangladeshi Workers
- Lawmakers Push To Change Name Of John Wayne Airport Over Racist Remarks
- Petition Calls For Statue Of Christopher Columbus To Be Replaced With Chef Boyardee
- St. Louis Mayor Gives Out Names and Addresses of “Defund The Police” Protesters
- Minneapolis City Council Votes Unanimously To Defund And Dismantle The Police Department
- Officials Suspect Foul Play In Disappearance Of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen
- North Carolina Police Fired After Using Racial Slurs
- News1 year ago
Alabama Passes Law to Chemically Castrate Pedophiles
- Tech5 months ago
The New Bugatti La Voiture Noire Is Worth £14 Million
- News6 months ago
Iranian Presidential Adviser Posted A List Showing Locations For All Trump’s Properties
- Anonymous11 months ago
Anonymous Message to the People of Hong Kong
- Tech2 weeks ago
DeLorean Confirms Plan To Redesign and Produce A New Line Of DMC 12S Cars
- News3 weeks ago
Man Used Internet Registry to Track down and Beat up Pedophiles
- Anonymous4 months ago
Anonymous Warns Citizens Of The World About Coming Global Lockdown
- News10 months ago
Leonardo-backed fund Pledges $5 Million To Preserve Amazon Rainforest